Assumptions are sometimes made without any tangible proof or evidence. These questions help to determine whether assumptions provide a tangible or acceptable outcome.
- What is the assumption you are making?
- What assumption is being made here?
- Why have you made that assumption?
- What could we assume instead?
- How do you justify the assumption you have made?
- What evidence does the author provide to justify his / her assumption(s)?
- Can you give the reason(s) why you have made that assumption?