Reasoning questions help to determine a cause, explanation or justification for someone's findings or conclusion.
- What would be an example of this?
- Why do you say that?
- Why do you think that is right?
- What led you to that belief?
- How does that apply to this case?
- What would convince you otherwise?
- How could we go about finding out if that is true?
- By what reasoning did you come to that conclusion?
- Who is in a position to know if that is the case?
- Are those reasons adequate?
- Could you explain the reasons for your statement ?